If you wish to be considered for Team Texas Coach’s (men’s and boys’ teams) position on the National Teams Staff, please complete the application below and return to Steve Horton (Men’s Freestyle/Greco Director). Applications must be received no later than May 15, 2021. Late applications will be considered for non-head coach positions as back-up and camp/clinic coaches. Submit to Steve Horton, email: [email protected]
Coaches selected for positions will be required to conduct regional training sessions for athletes in their regions.
TXUSA Wrestling will send Men’s National Teams to the following events (girls are separate):
- Schoolboy National Duals (June 9-13, 2021 Franklin, IN)
- Cadet National Duals (June 9-13, 2021 Westfield, IN)
- Junior National Duals (June 15-19, 2021 Tulsa, OK)
- Cadet/Junior Nationals (July 16-23, 2021 Fargo, ND)
All coaches must meet the requirements below:
- Current USA Coach’s card
- Bronze certification or higher
- Participate in the workout sessions prior to competition
- Participate in Team Texas clinics and Regional practice sessions
- Involved in supervising the wrestlers before and while at the events
- Involved with meal planning, practice planning, travel etc.
- Agree to coaches’ code of conduct and applicable policies
- Be in good standing with TXUSAW
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Provide a brief summary of your history, if any, with prior Team Texas events (i.e. years and events participated in as an athlete, years and events as a Team Texas coach):
Would you be willing to attend Team Texas Regional Clinics if scheduled? The idea of the Team Texas Regional Clinics would be to bring the Team Texas coaches to the wrestlers in advance of the Team Texas competition events, provide more opportunities for Team Texas wrestlers to train with their coaches and each other, and market Team Texas. Attendance would be volunteer time with possible reimbursement for travel expenses (goal would be to reimburse coaches for out of pocket travel and lodging.).
Are you willing to serve on a Team Texas Curricula Committee? (Idea is to develop a written and video curricula applicable to Team Texas such that all Team Texas Coaches use same terminology and teaching steps. This committee would need to rely heavily on experienced Team Texas Coaches to develop curricula that addresses Texas problem areas).
Do you have a facility that you could make available for Team Texas practices?
Do you have a facility that you could make available for Team Texas Regional Clinics?
Do you have a facility that you could make available for Team Texas Pre Event Practices (1-3 days before departure for event)?
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT ATTACHMENTS WILL BE REJECTED.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
For questions about Team Texas Boys/Men event coaching opportunities, contact TXUSA Freestyle/Greco Director Steve Horton at [email protected]